Artstober - (Free Event)
October 27, 2012
Main Auditorium Lobby
October is National Arts & Humanities month, and Raleigh is celebrating with a month chock full of arts events, culminating in an arts open house at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts. ARTStober will feature a sampler of the types of performances available throughout the year at the Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts, activities for kids, and more. Stop by the Progress Energy Center on October 27 and experience the energy of the arts for yourself!
Participating groups include the Carolina Ballet, Hot Summer Nights, NC Opera, NC Symphony, NC Theatre, PineCone-Piedmont Council of Traditional Music, and more.
All events, including special activities for children, are free to the public unless otherwise noted.
The full schedule of events (subject to change) is as follows:
-12:25 – 12:45 p.m. - Triangle Philharmonic Association Ensemble Performance
-12:50 – 1:10 p.m. - Theatre Raleigh/Hot Summer Nights: Excerpts from Souvenir or Oh What a Night
- 1:00 p.m. - North Carolina Symphony Young People’s Concert: Halloween Spooktacular(Meymandi Concert Hall) (paid-admission event)
- 1:15 – 1:35 p.m. - Cognitive Resonance: SoJam A Cappella Festival teaser
- 1:30 p.m. - Carolina Ballet pre-show talk (free)
- 1:40 – 2 p.m. - PineCone presents The Grass Cats
- 2 p.m. - Carolina Ballet: A Balanchine Celebration featuring Who Cares? (Fletcher Opera Theater) (paid-admission event)
- 2:05 – 2:25 p.m. - North Carolina Opera: Favorite Arias and Duets
- 2:30 – 2:50 p.m. - North Carolina Master Chorale: Excerpts from Beethoven’s Missa Solemnis and “Joy of the Season” holiday concert
- 2:55 – 3:15 p.m. - Raleigh Chamber Music Guild: Aurora Musicalis ensemble
- 3:20 – 3:40 p.m. - Carolina Youth Ballet: Excerpts from The Nutcracker (Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Sugar Plum solo)
- 3:45 p.m. - Aaron Burdett, winner of Our State Magazine's Carolina Songs Competition
- 4 p.m. - North Carolina Theatre: Thriller Zombie Dance (Lichtin Plaza)
- 4 p.m. - North Carolina Symphony Young People’s Concert: Halloween Spooktacular(Meymandi Concert Hall) (paid-admission event)
- 4:20 p.m. - Carolina Ballet: post-show discussion (free)
Other activities available throughout the day include:
- Noon – 4 p.m. - North Carolina Symphony and PineCone present the Instrument Zoo (Meymandi Lobby)
- Marbles Kids Museum activities
- Kidsville News and Truman
- Paint Savvy Face Painters
- Our State Magazine
ARTStober is a collaboration of the resident performing arts companies at the ProgressEnergy Center for the Performing Arts to bring new audiences to the facility. The festival, held during National Arts & Humanities Month, is made possible in part from support provided by Duke Energy, the City of Raleigh, and The News & Observer Triangle Deal Saver.
This is a FREE event
Show playing at Main Auditorium Lobby - October 27, 2012